As the ghost month , here are some of the things you should avoid doing during this lunar month:
- Don’t repair your house because the ghosts are apparently looking to mess up things that are being fixed or repaired.
- Don’t move into a new house.
- Don’t enter into new relationships.
- Avoid breaking up with your current significant other as it may lead to suicidal thoughts or attempts.
- Couples should avoid getting married in this month.
- Don’t drive late at night to avoid accidents and sightings of ghosts as they may disturb you.
- Don’t getting into arguments as they may lead to more serious situations.
- Don’t looking at the mirror at night.
- Stay away from visiting hospitals.
- Don’t wandering the streets at night; ghosts are looking for a spare body to possess or sometimes a soul to replace theirs so they can come back to the world of the living.
- Don’t whistling at night and making noise such as knocking at night.
- When someone taps on your shoulder once, do not look back as it may be a trick for spirits to possess you.
- Don’t turn your head when you hear someone call your name at night; instead, you should turn your whole body around.
- Stay away from water activities.
- Don’t walk alongside the wall.
- Don’t hang wet clothes outside at midnight.
- Don’t use a lot of black or red as it is said to attract hungry spirits.
- Stay calm when surprised, don’t be too emotional.
- Do not step on or kick the offerings left on the roadside.
- Don’t obsess over ghosts and ghouls and don’t go looking for them as they may find you instead.
- Don’t open an umbrella inside your house.
- Don’t buying puppets, sculptures or dolls.
- Don’t say the word “ghost”.
- Don’t standing under trees or bus stops at night.
- And most importantly don’t tell a Chinese or Taiwanese person that the Ghost Festival beliefs are superstitious.
Xem thêm các nội dung khác
Đánh thức ngàn năm áo mũ
Đỗ Hữu – Một nhà thơ tài hoa
Mây trong đáy cốc
“Bữa tiệc” sách phong phú từ “Tháng Ba sách Trẻ”
Tổng tập Văn học dân gian Nam bộ – Vè Nam bộ
Đừng trở nên xấu xa – Để Big Tech ‘không trở thành kẻ xấu’